The DREAM freelancer verification and quality process is currently in beta (April 2017). We are working with our freelancers and advisors to build an optimal process. Once finalised we will work one-on-one with all freelancers to comply.
DREAM is a niche marketplace for resourcing blockchain projects (from development to launch), and central to our platform is quality.
Clients don’t want to churn through dozens of proposals, or search through hundreds of profiles to find a diamond in the rough. Expert freelancers and consultants have told us they to work alongside skilled and professional peers.
In this blog, we give an insight into our four-step freelancer quality review and on-boarding process:
- Freelancer Profile and Application
- Profile Quality Review
- Application Review
Stage 1 – Freelancer Profile and Application
After a freelancer registers, they need to complete their freelancer profile with details such as:
- Profile photo
- Blockchain Resume
Each freelancer must complete the DREAM Application to validate their skills, experience and integrity, which includes details such as:
- Proof of Identification
- Professional public profiles (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Online Portfolios of Work, e.g. GitLab for developers, or Behance for designers
- References from past employers, colleagues or the community
- Years of professional experience
- Blockchain skills checklist
- Past projects or whitepapers
Some content may be included on the freelancer’s profile at their discretion.
Stage 2 – Profile Quality Review
DREAM perform a quality review of the freelancer profile to ensure they are a good match for our clients. Criteria considered:
- 70% profile must be completed
- Minimum set of skills and/or qualifications required
- Blockchain Resume e.g. contributions to the community and relevant experience on blockchain projects
- Appropriate and well written content
- Good quality images
If the freelancer profile does not meet the minimum criteria, we will work with the freelancer to improve it, otherwise it will be declined based on quality issues.
Stage 3 – Application Review
DREAM perform a detailed review of the DREAM Application:
- Verify the identity of the freelancer
- Validate public profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, GitHub)
- Review qualifications / experience against industry standards
- Validate other info such as years of experience, references and awards
- Verify blockchain skills and references
DREAM may perform additional checks such as Skype calls and technical interviews (this will become more formalised).
Stage 4 – On Boarding
Once approved the freelancer will be listed on DREAM, in our Talent Pools, can be invited by clients to their jobs, and can submit proposals for jobs. We also work one-on-one to promote them, and match them to projects.